33 Beautiful Built In Bookshelves
Built-in bookcases add not only plenty of character and storage; they can actually create more space in a home and make it seem much larger. Moreover, built-ins look tidier and look much better than freestanding furniture in addition to enlarging a room’s storage space, display area, and design dimension.
Bookcases, especially the built-in variety, are becoming more popular. It used to be all about entertainment centers, but those are suddenly passé. Bookcases can be structured in various styles and manage to remain classic. Below you will find seven ideas and suggestions to give your built-in bookcase pizzazz.
1. Keeping everything organized and looking better is a cinch with built-in bookshelves. You can also leave a space for other essentials like a TVcomputer. In fact, this type of bookcase can be customized with a desk and placed in a home office. The possibilities are infinite!
2. The rhythmic silhouette of books on a shelf can appear as a distinctive piece of furniture in your living, dining, or hobby room. Rows of books placed along a bookcase create a stunning patterned backdrop. Not only that, they add a warmth and friendliness to the environment as well.
3. A smartly arranged bookcase can look as pretty as a picture window. One trick that experts use is to paint the inside of the bookcase a couple of shades darker than the room color.
4. Placing unusual items on a built-in bookcase adds a certain “wow” factor to the whole look. Use objects like antiques, porcelain statues, family photos, a doll collection, anything that adds depth and distinctiveness.
5. Bookshelves in a kitchen are a practical move. They give cookbooks a place to rest without taking up countertop space, and they remain in reach. A recessed bookcase with open shelves and closed storage will balance well with your kitchen’s upper cabinets. Highlight built-in charm by matching the bookcase with your kitchen cabinets.
6. Create a lovely scene around a window with built-in shelving and include additional seating. The look is quite unique, especially with attractive cushions for sitting to read a book or take in the views while looking outside.
7. Patterns really add that extra flair in the back of built-in bookcases, especially with contemporary décor. It’s similar to the effect a backsplash has on kitchen decor. Except with a bookshelf, a beautifully patterned fabric can be used instead. Painting can also be effective; however, fabric will have a plethora of patterns that painting may not be able to duplicate, or may take too much time. Be sure to match the patterned bookshelf background with the room’s color scheme and décor.